[SURBL-Discuss] Help!!!!!!!!!!!

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Thu May 7 22:49:53 CEST 2009

Hello,

please configure your mailer to wrap lines below 80 characters per line.
72 to 75 is usually OK.

Thank you.

On 07.05.09 15:29, James wrote:
> keepitoffforlife.com is black listed.
>
> We have never sent an email from this site.

Are you sure nobody has sent spam mentioning or advertising anything under
keepitoffforlife.com ? Are you sure the pages under do not contian
spamvertised content? The surbl and other uri blacklists contains
spamvertised sites, not sites who spammed anyone...

> The site just came live only about six weeks ago.
>
> To remove ourselves from the blacklist we must show our typical message
> headers REQUIRED.
>
> We have no advertising for this site yet, so I have no headers.

Are you sure nobody other did? Did you check if someone hasn't put unwanted
content on the page, some malware didn't catch your password and some other
malware didn't spam with link to the site?

> So, am I being asked to lie and make something up?
>
> This feels like catch 22.

> Very frustrating, my software engineer who is building the site cannot
> even reference the site in his emails to me without getting them bounced.

Linux IS user friendly, it's just selective who its friends are...