[SURBL-Discuss] Help!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul Rydell paul at networxonline.com
Fri May 8 00:47:59 CEST 2009

> Are you sure nobody has sent spam mentioning or advertising anything
> under
> keepitoffforlife.com ? Are you sure the pages under do not contian
> spamvertised content? The surbl and other uri blacklists contains
> spamvertised sites, not sites who spammed anyone...

Therein lies the problem with some of the SURBL lists.

It is impossible for someone to be sure that emails have not been
sent that have spamvertised their domain name.

I have had a domain listed in a SURBL list and not been aware of
unsolicited emails sent with the domain in them. I asked to
see a copy of the message that contained the domain or even
just the information about the person who sent the message but
was told that I could not.

There appear to be no safeguards for domain administrators. If
any 3rd party starts sending spam emails with anydomainhere.com then
that domain could be listed by SURBL and there is nothing
the actual domain owner can do about it.

--Paul