[SURBL-Discuss] Blacklisted for no good reason

Peter Haworth pete at mollysrevenge.com
Sun May 17 18:15:05 CEST 2009

On Saturday May 16th, we sent out a legitimate newsletter email to our
mailing list consisting of people who opted -in and specifically
requested to receive newsletters.  Some of these emails were
classified as spam because of references to either Fanbridge.com or
fburls.com.  The emails were sent from the band's domain,
mollysrevenge.com, using the commercial newsletter service, FanBridge.

So how am I supposed to deal with this?  Fanbridge is a legitimate
business with thousands of customers.  I have no idea why you chose to
blacklist them and I don;t really care, all I know is that legitimate
emails are being intercepted as a result and that's an unacceptable
situation.  If this happened with USPS mail, you'd be guilty of a
felony.

Catchall solutions to internet spam that result in legitimate emails
being blocked are unacceptable.

Pete Haworth