[SURBL-Discuss] [SURBL-Announce] Most Abused TLDs report added

Raymond Dijkxhoorn raymond at surbl.org
Tue Nov 3 16:10:03 CET 2009

Hi!

>>   http://www.surbl.org/tld-subtotals.head

> Some interesting numbers, but what might be more interesting is to see
> the *percentage* of domains in each TLD - .com domains may be highest on
> the list, but I suspect there are far more .com domains overall as well,
> and the percentage of abused .net and .info domains is much closer to
> the .com (possibly higher).

Thats a nice suggestion. But its not something we can meassure. I mean,
COM has millions of domains, but CN also. And currently we see botnets
boosting out CN domains a lot since abuse handling seems very bad there.
At least we dont notice anything on that front. And requests of us to get
involved there more are so far beeing unanswered.

So anyone with contacts there, please speak up :-)

Thanks,
Raymond.