[SURBL-Discuss] False blacklist for my domain

William Stearns wstearns at pobox.com
Thu Sep 3 06:31:28 CEST 2009

Good evening, Alan,

On Wed, 2 Sep 2009, Alan Greene wrote:

> I just created a new domain, hosted on arvixe, and have never even set
> up mail on the site.

> Now, I created a website on the domain and when I tried to send the link
> to my testers, my email was returned, saying my domain was blacklisted.

> This is ridiculous.  It's a brand new site WITHOUT mail.  Now, surbl
> wants me submit a request to remove it, using an email with my domain,
> but I DON"T EVEN HAVE AN EMAIL ADDRESS at that domain.

> Great, thanks for messing with my life, SURBL.  Who are you and what
> gives you the right to do this?

 	With complete sincerity, we're glad to let you vent if that helps.
That can be very theraputic for me.

 	If you'd like us to look into the problem, we'll need to at least
find out the name of the domain.
 	Cheers,
 	- Bill

         "It's not enough to duplicate what has come before; even in an
established category, a product still needs a unifying design, based on
a clear vision of what users need to accomplish."
 	-- Jono DiCarlo
 	http://humanized.com/weblog/2007/10/05/make_oss_humane/