[SURBL-Discuss] Email Rejected due to Multi.surbl.org

SURBL Whitelisters whitelist at surbl.org
Tue Apr 27 08:17:59 CEST 2010

On 4/26/10, Wolf, Duane A. <Duane.Wolf at nov.com> wrote:
> I've been researching an issue where emails are getting rejected with these NDR errors:
>
>  An error occurred while trying to deliver this message to the recipient's e-mail address. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please try resending this message, or provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator.
>
>  The following organization rejected your message: smoothwall.
>
>    _____
>  Sent by Microsoft Exchange Server 2007
>
>  Diagnostic information for administrators:
>
>  #552 www.w3.org in multi.surbl.org: 74.63.164.174 ##
>  #552 www.w3.org in multi.surbl.org: 204.232.162.153 ##
>

>  If I'm reading this correctly the emails are being rejected cause the multi.susrbl.org found a reference to w3.org in a HTML email??
>
>  How can this be fixed/removed/corrected?
>
>  Thanks,
>  Duane

www.w3.org is not blacklisted.  You can confirm this on the lookup page:

  http://www.surbl.org/lookup/

The most likely reason for this is DNS corruption:

  http://www.surbl.org/faq.html#opendns
  http://www.surbl.org/faq.html#dnsproxy

Please let your recipient's mail administrator know about this, and
please let us know how/that they correct it.