[SURBL-Discuss] Email Rejected due to Multi.surbl.org

Kevin A. McGrail KMcGrail at PCCC.com
Tue Apr 27 16:14:09 CEST 2010

> Long story short, that NDR report is either wrong&  misleading or
> an indication of a fundamental problem in that mail server, it isn't
> caused by SURBL. You'll have to try to get that mail administrator to
> figure out what's going on.
> Good luck there, MS Exchange has a long history of Bowdlerizing
> internet-RFC error messages to "not confuse people". ;(

One other note, I've also seen issues where DNS servers were hammering
the public mirrors of black lists that caused false positives like
this.  I don't remember what SURBL returns when it's blacklisted but
it's a scenario to consider.

regards,
KAM