[SURBL-Discuss] Email Rejected due to Multi.surbl.org (Duane Wolf)

Wolf, Duane A. Duane.Wolf at NOV.com
Wed Apr 28 13:43:24 CEST 2010

Well luckily I'm the mail administrator on both sides of this issue! :)

What I found was that my firewall on the receiving side has a feature that utilizes uribl. Disabling this feature stopped the email rejections.
Upon further investigation into this (with the help of some others folks) it was determined that uribl might have changed the way they do their blacklist notifications now. It looks like their "whitelists" (i.e. those that should not be blocked) also return results now - which is probably why the uribl feature blocks the email.
http://uribl.com/about.shtml