[SURBL-Discuss] Rejected content by multi.surbl.org

Jeremy Fairbrass jeremy at fairbrass.co.nz
Mon Jul 19 12:57:16 CEST 2010

"Raymond Dijkxhoorn" <raymond at prolocation.net> wrote in message
news:alpine.LFD.2.00.1007181932340.2960 at noc.prolocation.net...
> Hi!
>
>> Ask the postmaster for mx01.lastspam.com [64.15.150.3] for more
>> information. Their error message is pretty vague. Maybe their
>> system log has an explanation.
>
> Looks perhaps like a odd reject but the URL is inside there:
>
>>>     host mx01.lastspam.com[64.15.150.3] said: 550-5.7.1 rejected
>>> content,
>>>
>>>     black listed 2010.In by multi.surbl.org. #762 #895
>>> (m6F1MY037314479000)
>
> 2010.in

With a URL like that, I'd wager that it was written as part of regular text
and not intended to be a URL at all. For example, if the email contained a
phrase along the lines of the following (just a random example I made up):

"Sales have risen in 2010.In the following year they should rise even more."

Note the lack of a space after the full stop turns "2010.In" into a domain
name when in fact it shouldn't be.

Cheers,
Jeremy