[SURBL-Discuss] How to delist from the SURBL list?

David B Funk dbfunk at engineering.uiowa.edu
Wed Jun 30 06:09:49 CEST 2010

On Wed, 30 Jun 2010, SnipURL Editor wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have tried to send an email from the Lookup page, but that email is bouncing.
>
> What am I missing? Whom can I contact to get my IP unlisted, given
> that it's now been a month since it's been wrongly put in the list?
>
> Thanks
> Shanx

Shanx,
What IP address do you have that is listed? Ordinarily SURBL lists
domain names (DNS names) of spamvertized URLS, not IP addresses.

I checked the SURBL list and the DNS name "snipurl.com" is not listed.
(Note that it -is- listed on the URIBL list).

With regards to your claim "it's been wrongly put in the list"
can you tell us what you've done to discourage spammer abuse of your
service?

I've gotten enough spam with snipurl's in them that I put it in
my own personal blacklist (as a spamassasin low scoring rule,
not an outright blocking). So I know that spammers have used your
service.

#include <std_disclaimer.h>