[SURBL-Discuss] RFC: Changing zone files to wildcarded data format

SURBL Role surbl.role at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 13:34:14 CET 2010

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 4:26 AM, Michele Neylon :: Blacknight
<michele at blacknight.ie> wrote:
> I would have concerns about which domains were wildcarded and how that was decided.
> We have already been impacted by a particular company blacklisting *.blacknight.com due to an issue with one subdomain ..

If subdomain.domain.com were bad and domain.com were good, then
subdomain.domain.com would be blacklisted, but domain.com and
*.domain.com would not be listed.  domain.com and *.domain.com would
only be listed if the domain and all possible subdomains were bad.