[SURBL-Discuss] portion of my domain name is List

SURBL Whitelisters whitelist at surbl.org
Thu Oct 14 09:04:41 CEST 2010

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 1:49 PM, Michele Neylon :: Blacknight
<michele at blacknight.ie> wrote:
> On 13/10/2010 19:09, "David Fletcher (SAN)" <D.Fletcher at sandestin.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>My domain is Sandestin.com.  We are having some issues of our emails
>>being blocked as spam.  The message is 552 tin.com found in SURBL:
>>Blocked, tin.com on lists [ws], See: http://www.surbl.org/lists.html.
>>My domain isn't on the lookup but tin.com.  Where do you think this issue
>>lies?  Is it SURBL or the spam filtering that is using surbl?
>>
>>David Fletcher
>>I.T. Dept

> David
>
> I'd suspect it's your spam filtering software that is having issues
>
> Regards
>
> Michele

We agree with Michele that this is likely a mail filter application
error.  Please let the filter vendor know about the issue.  If you can
let us know what filter it is, we can try to contact them also.

A couple possibilities are truncation due to line wrap in the message
itself, such as:

http://www.sandes
tin.com/

or a parsing error in the filter.  In any case, it's probably an
application error that needs to be corrected.