[SURBL-Discuss] Automatic "aging" of blacklisted entries

William Parker william.parker at marketingsource.co.uk
Mon Apr 11 17:24:14 CEST 2011

Hi

I have heard that entries that are older than 30 days and haven't sinned in
that time are supposed to be automatically removed from blacklists.

Whilst this mechanism might be useful to me, I simply can't find any
information backing this up... does anyone have any information?

It sounds like a "if you run a Blacklist, here's a list of rules to ensure
you are fair" sort of convention, as I can't see how it could be
enforceable. As far as I can tell, the best way to ensure a Blacklist
contains accurate and fair entries is to see who uses it a la SpamAssassin.

Cheers

William