[SURBL-Discuss] surbl listing

SURBL Whitelisters whitelist at surbl.org
Thu Apr 14 10:27:51 CEST 2011

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 2:16 PM, Alanna Dukes <alannadukes at gmail.com> wrote:
> When sending a delivery test to my seedlist, one of the spam filters
> referenced surbl.  Specifically, surbl: [c2FpbHRocnUuY29t].  Does
> anyone know what this means?  I did a look-up for all of my company's
> IPs and domain and none were listed.  Thanks!

SURBLs are lists of web sites seen in unsolicited messages.  Unlike
most lists, SURBLs are not lists of mail senders, mail servers,
sending IP addresses, etc.

If the outbound message includes any web sites, then you can check the
domains of those sites using the lookup page to see if any of them are
blacklisted:

http://www.surbl.org/surbl-analysis