[SURBL-Discuss] SURBL reports on short links that don't exist or aren't blacklisted

Sam Rudge samarudge at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 09:20:27 CEST 2011

I agree, the systems should check the shortener link to see if it returns
30{1,2} or 40x.
Unfortunately our web-host thinks the alerts are an issue (they disabled the
site for a while until I'd discussed the situation with them).
So there is no way to disable/prevent these alerts? I don't see any way we
can prevent spammers putting links to our shortener in emails other than
stop the links from working, which we're doing. =(
-Sam

On 4 Aug 2011 00:55, "Dave Warren" <lists at hireahit.com> wrote:

On 8/3/2011 3:33 PM, Ron Guerin wrote:
> SURBL Whitelisters wrote:
>> Perhaps the abusers have code ...
This makes sense, given the lack of attention to detail spammers put
into their craft in general.  Perhaps it would be worthwhile if SURBL's
(and others') processes included checking pages for 400 error codes
before sending (automated?) abuse reports?