[SURBL-Discuss] rbldnsd & IPv6?

Paul Freeman paul at noc4.net
Sun Feb 12 18:16:09 CET 2012

--

Hi Jeff,
  I feel somewhat guilty that this has been on my todo list for sometime

Jeff,Dave,
  Undoubtedly v6 addresses will need to enter the lists as time goes on,
there will most probably come a time in the future when spammers notice
that v6 filtering is thin-on-the-ground and attempt to take advantage of
that.

Dave,
  in terms of "landmines", just generally applicable things for v6 - as
things currently stand there is a mix of native v6 and tunnelled v6, the
various tunnelling techniques bring their own set of MTU related issues
to the table, so if you filter careful attention needs to paid to ICMPv6
(particularly icmpv6-packet-to-big) for example. on the general v6 note
there are a number of rfc's on operational considerations and issues
relating to dns, smtp and a number of other protocols over v6 etc now.
:)

Kindest regards
  Paul Freeman,

  NOC4 Technologies Limited