[SURBL-Discuss] Hello SURBL discussion board!

Ron Guerin ron at vnetworx.net
Wed Apr 3 18:08:00 CEST 2013

On 04/03/2013 11:48 AM, Neil Schwartzman wrote:
> true.
>
> whitelist-reports at surbl.org<whitelist-reports at surbl.org>
>
> is where to report FPs.

I got this response once, and there may be a bit of misunderstanding on
the part of the operators of SURBL as to the nature of these questions.
  People don't come here asking these questions as a way of questioning
a false positive while avoiding specifically saying they think it's a
false positive.  They don't /know/ it's a false positive, since they
don't know the why of the apparent listing.  You on the inside may know
that, but those of us on the outside only see the end result.

Given this fellow works for SendGrid, I suspect he's trying to avoid
harboring a spammer, and we should hardly want to discourage that.

It might help to do something on the SURBL website about reporting false
positives, but if I went there, and ended up on the contact page, I too
would sign up for the list and start asking questions.  There's an
option that asks for removal, but responsible parties aren't going to go
through removal if the listing is already gone, or if they're concerned
the listing is legitimate.  They're going to ask questions, and from the
looks of the contact page, the mailing list is the place to do that.

- Ron