[SURBL-Discuss] fly1above.com / 216.185.152.155 blocked

discuss-owner at lists.surbl.org discuss-owner at lists.surbl.org
Fri Jul 19 07:29:29 CEST 2013

On Thursday, July 18, 2013, 3:54:51 PM, Nick Llewellin wrote:
> Hi Kam

> Thanks for your prompt reply.

> MailMarshal support's stance was that I should contact SURBL as the
> policy that is marking the email as spam is controlled by SURBL.

> I was thinking maybe the message might be routing through a marked
> server at some point but looking at the headers it's going straight
> from Google to our Marshal spam server.

> I believe I have stumbled onto something. In the signature of user
> who is sending from fly1above.com is the domain www.pentawards.com
> which comes up as listed on Barracuba and INPS_DE (based on MXToolBox blacklist)

> Still strange that in MailMarshal it is showing as SURBL that is
> the reason for it begin marked as spam ?

> Thanks
> Nick

Neither domain has been blacklisted on SURBLs any time recently,
however the IP 217.21.179.92 of pentawards.com  is on Spamhaus SBL:

http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/query/SBL173542

"Ref: SBL173542
217.21.179.92/32 is listed on the Spamhaus Block List - SBL
2013-01-22 08:06:53 GMT | combell.com
open relay emitting spam"
[...]

Perhaps MailMarshall confused SBL with SURBL?