[SURBL-Discuss] Lenght of time to remove a site from blacklist?

Neil Schwartzman neil at cauce.org
Mon Jun 23 08:42:05 CEST 2014

The answer would be ‘it depends’. The longest latency will be in determining the domain no longer is an active threat, that is dependent upon the contributor researcher; this could take as much as a day depending upon timezones and so on, but is generally quite quick.  Once a domain is actually removed as a listing, rsync propagates the changes to SURBL zonefile users in minutes, and Spamassassin lookups would reflect the change immediately.

I’d guess around 24 hours at most, probably much more quickly.

Neil Schwartzman
Executive Director
Coalition Against Unsolicited Commercial Email
http://cauce.org
Tel : (303) 800-6345
Twitter : @cauce