[SURBL-Discuss] Trying to Figure Something Out

Anne P. Mitchell, Esq. amitchell at isipp.com
Thu Mar 12 15:08:07 CET 2015

> FWIW, i see some chatter on an anti-spam discussion list dating back to March 2013 (happy anniversary) making note of the /24 surrounding these IPs as being highly questionable:
>
> 185.18.33.78.in-addr.arpa mailer1.ibwmail.com <http://mailer1.ibwmail.com/>.
> 186.18.33.78.in-addr.arpa mailer2.ibwmail.com <http://mailer2.ibwmail.com/>.
> 187.18.33.78.in-addr.arpa mailer5.thetradingfloor.co.uk <http://mailer5.thetradingfloor.co.uk/>.
> 188.18.33.78.in-addr.arpa mailer4.ibwmail.com <http://mailer4.ibwmail.com/>.

Hrrrm...which list is this?  I thought my personal archives were pretty comprehensive (although granted the mail search function has been awful since Yosemite).

But in any event, thank you!

Anne

Anne P. Mitchell,
Attorney at Law
CEO/President, Institute for Social Internet Public Policy
Member, Cal. Bar Cyberspace Law Committee
Member, Asilomar Microcomputer Workshop Committee
Author: Section 6 of the Federal CAN-SPAM Act of 2003
Ret. Professor of Law, Lincoln Law School of San Jose
Ret. Chair, Asilomar Microcomputer Workshop