[SURBL-Discuss] false positives with common DNS

Gordon Schneider g.schneider at anfe.ma
Thu Apr 13 18:32:24 CEST 2017

Hello there,

On Tue 11th Apr some of our company's domains got put on the SURBL "abuse" list and one of the domains got suspended by the registry due to a report by SURBL. I'm not aware of any abuse or problems on those domains and the only common nominator is that they all use the same DNS service, e.g.

anfe.ma -> listed on "abuse"
anfema.com -> same purpose as anfe.ma, not listed (and using a different DNS)
lokato.online -> suspended, though completely unused (just an NS record, nothing else)

Can anybody explain what went wrong here?

Cheers,
Gordon